I’m pleased that my new tutor has quickly helped me to catch up with the missing feedback on A2 and A3 from my previous tutor. It has helped to put the irksome episode behind me and rekindle enthusiasm for this final module.
Again, very positive feedback on my research and report for this assignment. Here, I focus on additional suggestions that help develop my practice:
- Suggestion to outline the future of the research report and blog (particulary with regard to the Drifting project): after I graduate and time is freed up, I plan to continue blogging but to a broader audience – in this context, I plan to address aspects of the report. One particular area I think warrants investigation is the use of photography competitions as a potentially dubious business model for some blogs. With regards to the Drifting project, there are lessons in the ongoing promotion of the work through blogging and guest blogging and the concept of using the blog as a hub at the centre of social media activities (whatever their value beyond that to the tech giants’ data collection and sales). This is in addition to the audience engagement I am already encouraging through the exhibition guest book on the blog and the invitation to viewers to tell their own stories of life along the canal.
- Some suggestions based on the learning outcomes: a) update padlet to include elements of self-reflection, eg example of a media interview (practice-based research using media pack) b) padlet resources re competition examples (mentioned in A2).
- Consider video presentation for eventual submission submission (3-5 mins), building on A2. Yes – I’ve been thinking about this; the use of screen casting software has opened up new possibilities for presentation of the digital. Also added to padlet as ‘resource’.
- Note potential connection to A4 to elements of blogging research, eg interactive communication model and how projects is essentially and audience engagement project. Suggested resources provided for further research (Richin’s book and ‘four corners’ project).
- Consider / give examples of blogs advising on creation of exhibitions (padlet resource).
- Looking forward to A4, consider how draft blog post can be shaped into promotional tool (eg pdf or interactive website). Info needs to be chunked up to make it accessible to a reader coming cold. Needn’t be just one document. Keep in mind idea of ‘registers’ (different voices for different purposes). Approach to be discussed in catch-up call.
- A number of potential resources provided for review / consideration of usefulness in context of my work. Followed up elsewhere on blog / padlet.
Lots of material for me to work through and consider to tighten up direction and outcome for A4. My tutor’s feedback is much appreciated!